Peek at Shana, a 1958 Shasta Airflyte Deluxe Retro Camper
Look at Shana’s 56 camping adventures on this journey. On this road trip through 45 states this retro red vintage camper has travelled over 21,997 miles. She provided glamping accomodations to 7 lucky passengers for 114 nights. See Shana camping in the following states: Utah, Colorado, Arkansas, Georgia, Maryland, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New York, West Virginia, Mississippi, South Dakota, Montana, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, North Carolina, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana, Kentucky.
- Devil’s Garden at Arches National Park June 15, 2022
- Turkey Springs Dispersed Camping near Pagosa Springs, Colorado June 12, 2022
- Gulpha Gorge Campground at Hot Springs National Park June 11, 2022
- Bolding Mill on Lake Lanier April 26, 2022
- Bolding Mill on Lake Lanier September 25, 2021
- Assateague Island National Seashore July 10, 2021
- Lake Waramaug July 7, 2021
- Winter Island Maritime Island via Acadia July 5, 2021
- Grand Isle on Lake Champlain June 26, 2021
- Niagara Falls USA June 23, 2021
Shana is a Canned Ham Retro Camper
Shana is a red retro camper restored Shasta Airflyte Deluxe with wings. Her age and style places her in the category of canned ham vintage travel trailer. Certain styles of retro campers were given the “canned ham” nickname because their curvy, thin metal shell resembled canned ham. In each adventure we show how much family fun can be had with a retro camper seeing the continental United States.
Who are these Retro Campers?
We are a retro camping family of six that stumbled into traveling adventure. What started as a venture into tent camping to satisfy our need for fresh air and wide open spaces quickly led to the purchase of a retro camper. Then, that led us on a quest to visit all 48 continental United States. Along the way we had to name the sweet vessel that would provide us with shelter, warmth, beautiful views, curious conversations and memories galore. She is Shana! She is a red retro camper made by Shasta in 1958 and she is just getting started!